Tor 0.1.2.18 is released

Tor 0.1.2.18 fixes many problems including crash bugs, problems with
hidden service introduction that were causing huge delays, and a big
bug that was causing some servers to disappear from the network status
lists for a few hours each day.

We also modified the default Privoxy config files in the bundles to
avoid some security problems, so make sure to leave "install Privoxy"
checked when you upgrade.

Bundle users should upgrade. People using Privoxy in other
contexts should make sure to follow the configuration advice at
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-unix#privoxy

The Tor 0.1.1.x branch is now officially obsolete and unsupported.

https://www.torproject.org/download.html

Changes in version 0.1.2.18 - 2007-10-28
  o Major bugfixes (crashes):
    - If a connection is shut down abruptly because of something that
      happened inside connection_flushed_some(), do not call
      connection_finished_flushing(). Should fix bug 451:
      "connection_stop_writing: Assertion conn->write_event failed"
      Bugfix on 0.1.2.7-alpha.
    - Fix possible segfaults in functions called from
      rend_process_relay_cell().

  o Major bugfixes (hidden services):
    - Hidden services were choosing introduction points uniquely by
      hexdigest, but when constructing the hidden service descriptor
      they merely wrote the (potentially ambiguous) nickname.
    - Clients now use the v2 intro format for hidden service
      connections: they specify their chosen rendezvous point by identity
      digest rather than by (potentially ambiguous) nickname. These
      changes could speed up hidden service connections dramatically.

  o Major bugfixes (other):
    - Stop publishing a new server descriptor just because we get a
      HUP signal. This led (in a roundabout way) to some servers getting
      dropped from the networkstatus lists for a few hours each day.
    - When looking for a circuit to cannibalize, consider family as well
      as identity. Fixes bug 438. Bugfix on 0.1.0.x (which introduced
      circuit cannibalization).
    - When a router wasn't listed in a new networkstatus, we were leaving
      the flags for that router alone -- meaning it remained Named,
      Running, etc -- even though absence from the networkstatus means
      that it shouldn't be considered to exist at all anymore. Now we
      clear all the flags for routers that fall out of the networkstatus
      consensus. Fixes bug 529.

  o Minor bugfixes:
    - Don't try to access (or alter) the state file when running
      --list-fingerprint or --verify-config or --hash-password. Resolves
      bug 499.
    - When generating information telling us how to extend to a given
      router, do not try to include the nickname if it is
      absent. (Resolves bug 467.)
    - Fix a user-triggerable segfault in expand_filename(). (There isn't
      a way to trigger this remotely.)
    - When sending a status event to the controller telling it that an
      OR address is readable, set the port correctly. (Previously we
      were reporting the dir port.)
    - Fix a minor memory leak whenever a controller sends the PROTOCOLINFO
      command. Bugfix on 0.1.2.17.
    - When loading bandwidth history, do not believe any information in
      the future. Fixes bug 434.
    - When loading entry guard information, do not believe any information
      in the future.
    - When we have our clock set far in the future and generate an
      onion key, then re-set our clock to be correct, we should not stop
      the onion key from getting rotated.
    - On some platforms, accept() can return a broken address. Detect
      this more quietly, and deal accordingly. Fixes bug 483.
    - It's not actually an error to find a non-pending entry in the DNS
      cache when canceling a pending resolve. Don't log unless stuff
      is fishy. Resolves bug 463.
    - Don't reset trusted dir server list when we set a configuration
      option. Patch from Robert Hogan.