Re: IPv6 Exit [was: Status of Tor proposals ...]

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    117  IPv6 exits
>
>         This is a good start but could use some revision.  See earlier
>         thread.  I want to merge in IPv6 support in 0.2.1.x, including
>         support for both entries and exits, so a revision of this
>         proposal is important.  Marking as NEEDS-REVISION.

i'm probably just overlooking an obvious discussion, but i don't see a
thread related to IPv6 entry support and/or the previous thread
referenced here.

does the "entry" support imply full IPv6 support?  (or is "entry"
simply the requisite client support for utilizing IPv6 exit
capability?)

> Other problems are:
>    - The process doesn't seem to look far enough future.  We seem
>     to be planning for the next release, but not for the next two or
>     three years.

the UDP/DTLS re-architecture could fit the 3 year time frame ... :P

(a half joke; this is incredibly complicated, and the easy approaches
like TCP over UDP will suck in addition to compromising anonymity...
of course, the challenge is half the fun, right?)