Re: [tor-dev] default value of CookieAuthentication is wrong inthe documentation

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 21:56:32 +0200, Peter Palfrader <weasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013, TomÃÅ Hnyk wrote:

Thanks for that. I hope he might. I would understand if there were a
line in my torrc stating saying "CookieAuthentication 1". But I
tried and I cannot find any text config file on my system that would
specify that this is the default, co I deduce it must have been
included in compile time, which - to me - is very confusing. But
maybe that is the debian way.

Have you looked at and read the things in /usr/share/doc/tor?
Have you looked at the command line of the tor process?
Have you looked at the init script?

Cheers,
Well, no, I ran `locate /tor` and did not see any docs but only because I forgot to `updatedb` first. So sorry for the noise.

(even though running "tor" does not say it read the file in question.)
Tomas