Re: [tor-dev] Finding the HSDIR responsible for a certain onion address

Thanks for your explanations, but my interest is not on the
calculation of the descriptor id.
I'm actually interested in getting the list of the responsible HSDIR
for the hidden service after i have calculated the descriptor ID.
This is not fully explained in the documents.
According to the specifications, the identity digest of of all HSDIR
should be sorted inclusive of my calculated descriptor id and the next
three HSDIR that immediately appears after the descriptor id are the
responsible HSDIR but this doesn't seems to be true for two reasons.

[1]
The calculated descriptor id is base32 encoded unlike the identity
digests which are base64 encoded.
[2]
The calculated descriptor ID is 32 characters long unlike the identify
digest of the HSDIR which are mostly 27 ( the shortage was due to the
stripping of trialling "=" from the digest. do we have to append these
before doing the sorting?).

In the tor source code, the comparison was done using the binary based
form of the descriptor ID( non base32 encoded descriptor ID) [
hid_serv_get_responsible_directories( ) in routerlist.c ]