[tor-dev] GSoC : Rewrite Tor Weather

Hi all,

My name is Sreenatha(lucyd on OFTC). I am currently a final year undergraduate student at IIITH, majoring in computer science. I'll be rewriting weather this summer as a part of GSoC 2014. My mentors are meejah and karsten.

In a nutshell, the weather rewrite project mostly involves two tasks, shifting the data backend to onionoo and closing the weather-specific tickets that are causing an issue at the moment. Besides these, there is also a plan to make use of a postgres database to store weather's subscription data. After this is accomplished, I'll document and test the new weather to make sure it's clean.

Further details of my project proposal can be found at [1].

I'm very excited about working with Tor on this project and am happy to receive any sort of feedback and suggestions.

Cheers,
Sreenatha

[1] - https://sites.google.com/site/sreenathadev/gsoc-2014-weather-rewrite