Re: [tor-dev] [Tails-dev] Aspirant for Tor Summer of Privacy ( for Improving Tails)

Hi intrigeri,

Please find my response inline -

> Given that, depending on what exact project you
> want to work on, we may be in a position to find a mentor for you on
> our team, or not. I hope it'll work, but sadly, I doubt we'll be able
> to clarify this before you have told us what exactly you would like to
> work on.

I was looking at the bug list and found that
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7567 has finally led to Docker as
a choice for the future build system for Tails.

Blueprint and the corresponding tickets have helped to track its progress -
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/evaluate_Docker/  and
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7530 shows they are still a lot of
work to be done.

I have  worked with chroot build systems mostly  and have been part of
a project lately where migration to LXC(not Docker) build system is
under progress.

I also went though https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/Linux_containers/
and the corresponding issue https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6178
which says certain security issues prevent Tails to use LXC.

Both the above projects interests me and I would love to work with
Tails developer community on either of them.

>  * Was your GSoC application with CentOS accepted?

I have contacted CentOS development community regarding imlementation
of non-x86 rootfs build factory. I submitted a proposal for
implementing the same on the main development list (CentOS-devel) but
have not received a single feedback on the same.

I haven't heard from them for a long time now, neither feedbacks nor
suggestions(despite my repeatedly asking for their reviews) so I doubt
my proposal would  make it to their GSOC project this year.

Regards,
Saket Sinha