Re: [tor-dev] Draft of proposal "Direct Onion Services: Fast-but-not-hidden services"

On Apr 10, 2015, at 3:46 PM, George Kadianakis <desnacked@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW, I noticed that in your code, you also use 1-hop circuits when
> publish hidden service descriptors. This didn't seem like a big
> performance improvement to me when I was writing the propoasl, but if
> more people like it we can add it to the proposal.

Absolutely. That was simply one of the easier targets to hit. :-)

I think that my next goal should be to review all circuit setups that are labelled CIRCUIT_PURPOSE_S_* - to look for which ones are being used to create the RP and IP links, and knock them down to one-hop.

That seems to be primarily rendservice.c and circuituse.c, but (to repeat) I am new at this and havenât swallowed the codebase yet. :-)

Alec Muffett
Security Infrastructure
Facebook Engineering
London