[tor-dev] TOR SoP proposal: extending and improving TOR network anomaly detection

Hi all,

I'm applying for TOR Summer of Privacy. I'm curious if there are any
developers here who are able and willing to become a mentor for this
idea.

I want to improve TOR's ability to detect anomalies such as sybil
attacks, and make it easy to include other heuristics for other
potential attacks. When a potential attack is detected, users and
maintainers are notified (as necessary). There has been research and
development with this field with TorDoctor, exitmap, and
HoneyConnector. However, as far as I am aware, these projects could use
some help being solidified and integrated into TOR.

Please let me know what you think, if you want to suggest any
improvements, and / or if you are a mentor interested in this
idea.

Cheers,
Kibo

[1] TorDoctor -- https://gitweb.torproject.org/doctor.git