Re: [tor-dev] onionoo resource requirements

Hi Karsten,

>Not sure what frameworks you have in mind. But I'm happy
>to hear more about frameworks that would make Onionoo
>easier to extend and not perform worse (or even better) than
>now. If you have something in mind, please say so.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not against the choice of Java, nor claiming better choices. I have fond memories of Java. In particular I've been working a lot with Django recently. I didn't want to redo works that may have already been performed. I was thinking of some recreational uses of a server. I started looking at the onionoo documentation and my curiosity was piqued. Precisely because the first thing I thought of was reusing a cloned server for, well, a onionoo-clone.

The JSON formatted files could be used as fixtures for setup. The two apps could be run separately as you've already mentioned.

The other development specifics are:
nginx-gunicorn(greenlets/aiohttp)
postgresql-pgbouncer

Is it an experiment worth pursuing? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--leeroy