Re: [tor-dev] Revisiting prop224 time periods and HS descriptor upload/downloads

On 11/04/16 12:42, George Kadianakis wrote:
> FWIW, I'm personally not sure how to choose the best "maximum acceptable clock skew"
> value here. My intuition tells me to choose a big number so that even very
> skewed clients can visit hidden services.

Sorry for the late reply. I just wanted to mention that mobile clients
often have very skewed clocks because some users adjust the time rather
than the timezone when travelling. Disapprove if you like, I share your
disapproval, but that's what the kids are doing these days.

Also, if the hidden service and the client are both running on mobile
devices, the relative skew can be twice as much.

Cheers,
Michael