Re: [tor-dev] [GSOC 16] Ahmia : Hidden service search engine

Ismael R <zma@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [ text/plain ]
> Hi everyone !
>
> My name is Ismael and I'm a french student in information security.
> I will be working on the Ahmia search engine for this year's Google
> Summer of
> Code.
>
> Before going back to school, I was working as a "full-stack" developer
> for a web
> agency. This is why I have a little experience with the tech I will be
> using for this
> project. I'm also more free-software and privacy conscious since a
> couple months,
> that's why I'm really happy to contribute to the Tor Project.
>
> I will be working from 23 May to 21 August with my mentors Juha Nurmi
> (numes)
> and George Kadianakis (asn). I plan to send bi-weekly reports on tor-dev@.

Hello Ismael and welcome to GSoC!

Hope you have a good time over the summer!

I will be your secondary mentor. I don't know too much about Ahmia's
architecture, but I know stuff about the hidden service protocol and design. I
also care a lot about Ahmia's UI and search accuracy. If you have any questions
or you want to discuss something feel free to get in touch over email (tor-dev)
or IRC. I'm always on #tor-dev in OFTC, where Juha (numes) is also active.

Also, don't forget to CC me to any emails or tickets related to your project!

Cheers!