Re: [tor-dev] Does a design document for the DoS subsystem exist?

Hello George, hello all,

Thank you very much for the provided pointers. Great to hear progress is
being made on the Onion Services DoS matter. Two follow-up questions:

1) Will the DoS subsystem overhaul also affect guard-centric DoS
countermeasures? Or will it exclusively focus on DoS protection specific
to Onion Services? If guard-centric countermeasures are also being
updated, is there a document to see what is about to change?

2) The linked bug ticket [1] under your first bullet point does not
mention the origin of the concrete threshold values
(DoSCircuitCreationRate, etc.). Could you share any insight on how these
DoS threshold values are determined? Are they inferred from experiments?

Thank you.

Kind regards
Lennart Oldenburg

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24902