Re: Tor server monthly data transfer requirements

On Aug 9, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Joel Mawhorter wrote:

Hi all,

I've been looking at the various Tor docs over the last few weeks and I've
seen conflicting numbers on the amount of monthly traffic I should expect if
I set up a tor server. I have a VPS with 10 Gb/month transfer limit and I
wan't to know if I could expect to be under that if I ran a tor server. I
recognize that there could be unpredictable changes in that so I'm just
looking for a recent estimate.
Tor will use as much or as little as you configure it to use. 10GiB/month is about 4000 bytes/s, so you would just put the following lines in your torrc:

bandwidthrate 4000
bandwidthburst 10485760

Wes Felter - wesley@felter.org - http://felter.org/wesley/