Re: [tor-dev] OnionOO protocol questions

Hi Karsten,

On 8/3/12 3:33 PM, Karsten Loesing wrote:

At the moment, clients can only request ordering by consensus weight,
because that's the first and only thing we needed so far.  In the
future, clients should be able to order by nickname, fingerprint,
address and maybe even the running bit.  Related to the first answer,
clients wouldn't request ordering by the "n" field, but by the
"nickname", regardless of the document they request.  Details documents
probably give a better idea of which fields could be used for ordering.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, it does, though now I have a couple more questions.

If I understand the weights documents correctly, there is no one consensus weight for a given router. What exactly is the ordering we should use when the request asks to order by consensus weight?

It seems like determining the consensus weights of the selected relays could be a relatively slow process, because at least with the filesystem-backed approach we are using right now, each individual weights file has to be opened and read. Is this correct, or am I missing something here?

	- Norman

--
Norman Danner - ndanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University