Re: [tor-dev] Is it possible to run private Exit nodes?

On 8/8/12, SiNA Rabbani <sina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been running private bridges for my VIP contacts for a long time.
> I use PublishServerDescriptor 0 to keep my bridges private.
>
> Is it possible to also run a private Exit node?

Yes, but (a) anyone who notices that it exists can use it, and (b) it
would be very risky for anyone to make their Tor client able to use a
private exit node (it could identify them as someone who knows that
that exit node exists, even if they aren't currently trying to use
it).

> What would happen, if I hard coded an exit into my torrc that is not
> published (if possible at all)?

Nothing.  You also need to feed its descriptor to Tor using the control port.

Robert Ransom