Re: [tor-dev] UX Idea - A controller inside TBB

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:31 AM, Matthew Finkel wrote:
On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 11:16:12PM +0200, Arlo Breault wrote:
I started working on something like this a little while ago,

but didn't manage to stir up much interest.

I'm happy to continue with it if anyone wants to collaborate.

Arlo

Hey Arlo,
Sorry for the slow reply.

Did you start working on this again? Having something like this
is actually really important. It would be awesome to get this
functionality in Tor Browser again. Nima's design looks really
good. I think a lot of people would be happy to see something
like that.
It sounds like the TorBrowser team are well on their way to
integrating these features in Tor Button / Launcher.

Do you think this should be based on bulb or should it start
from scratch?
The intention with bulb was to provide a web interface on
localhost. In light of the above, it probably better serves
relay operators and traffic not originating from TorBrowser.

I opened a ticket to take inspiration from Nimaâs design,
https://github.com/arlolra/bulb/issues/3

I looked at doing this about a month ago and
considered adding it directly into TorButton. Maybe it is better
to use Python/Stem for the backend. Thoughts?
I think these are separate projects that can coexist.

Arlo

- Matt