Re: [tor-dev] RPM: migration to systemd service

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Nusenu <BM-2D8wMEVgGVY76je1WXNPfo8SrpZt5yGHES@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ondrej Mikle:
> If possible, I'd like to avoid the if-defs. Do you perhaps have a
> tip how to make the spec file "nice" and have it work both with
> old startup script and systemd? Maybe some patch?

I would not mind having clean separated per-distribution spec files.
That way you can basically reuse the complete spec file from the
distribution and you would have systemd support without having
to think about it - they probably have had their fair amount of testing.
I spent about a day adjusting and merging the Fedora's systemd tor.spec. However, it won't build the git source (e.g. with LIBS=-lrt ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make dist-rpm). There is something missing in the .spec which makes rpmbuild fail on not finding the correct source directory, but I wasn't able to figure why that happens as rpmbuild is quite hard to debug.

Ondrej