[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: README file for Mac OS X package
- To: Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hideki Saito <hidekis@xxxxxxxxx>, or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: README file for Mac OS X package
- From: Hideki Saito <hidekis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 01:35:51 -0800
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:37:15 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=JSS1c1xJqBn2OPIcG3aWMQN8zrmAoF0SUzLHrWXlBMpr8y5NGhBkKb/W5QLWzclbwzlm5ojgDBE0yrpohaWEAw5f6489rYof+Nvsb+PFZrvjzFUKbtM/iblWGkXtUEsy3TQb0Lo8fVPF4/VehcCr27GI9B6zPsoLghnyE25Eh90=
- In-reply-to: <20041219044117.GB23159@totoro.wangafu.net>
- References: <20041218043711.GA6016@totoro.wangafu.net> <20041218062019.GA8167@totoro.wangafu.net> <email@example.com> <20041218062611.GB8167@totoro.wangafu.net> <41C3E0FD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041218165637.GE8167@totoro.wangafu.net> <41C4D83A.email@example.com> <20041219013108.GA23159@totoro.wangafu.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20041219044117.GB23159@totoro.wangafu.net>
- Reply-to: or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's a problem:
Custom install shows:
(unchecked) Tor skip
(checked by default) Privoxy upgrade
(Disabled) Untitled Package disabled
(Unchecked) Untitled Package skip
Probably this is some problem with metapackage creation.
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:41:17 -0500, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 05:36:00PM -0800, Hideki Saito wrote:
> Thanks! I've just make a scripted package building system based on
> the packaging files from Hideki Saito. Could people please let me
> know whether the packages and the build system are correct?
> I converted the PackageMaker files to plist files by hand, so there
> are probably some mistakes. I'll try to double-check everything as
> soon as I can, but others should check as well.
> The DMG is at:
> http://wangafu.net/~nickm/Tor 0.0.9.1 Bundle.dmg
> The modified codebase is at:
> (Right now, it's only in the maintenance CVS branch; I'll forward-port
> it to the development branch once it's more solid.)
> To generate a bundle, type "make dist-osx". All of the files that
> generate the bundle are in contrib/osx/ . The hard work is done by
> the script contrib/osx/package.sh . You may need ps2pdf to convert
> the man pages to pdf format.
> Issues with startup script: we should probably also add a preinstall
> script to create a _tor user, and have the tor process run as _tor, to
> avoid the dangers of running as root/nobody/whatever.
> Issues with installer: we need a better readme, better documentation,
> etc. But now it's in CVS now, so you can send patches.
> Many thanks to everyone who's been working on this installer.
> Nick Mathewson
Hideki Saito mailto: hidekis@xxxxxxxxx