Re: JanusPA - A hardware Privacy Adapter using Tor

Hi Kyle,

Very nice work.

You might be interested in something I did a little while ago.  I got a
tor server running on a wireless Linksys WRT54g router.  This allows me
to use tor at home with my laptops wirelessly.

Here's a quick howto since I never published on my site:

1) Get a MIPS I (little endian) environment up.  I used qemu and
installed debian-mipsel.  I started with the ramdisk image
mipsel-test-0.2.tar.gz from http://bellard.org/qemu/download.html and
bootstrapped into a fully functional debian system.

2) I compiled tor statically linked. (CFLAGS="-static" ./configure)

3) I got into my linksys using "Linux on WRTG54g" ...
http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html

4) I used ftpget to upload tor, configure and start it up.

It works fine, but you run out of memory fast because you have to use
ramdisk to store tor's cache files.

Tony Basile
http://opensource.dyc.edu