Re: [tor-dev] Browser-based proxies for circumvention

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 09:31:52PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
> A few months ago, Roger wrote about ideas for getting more bridge
> addresses (https://blog.torproject.org/blog/strategies-getting-more-bridge-addresses).
> One of the ideas is to make lightweight bridges that can run in a web
> browser. I and some others have been working on this for a few months. I
> want to promulgate our ideas and code among you developers, and ask for
> your opinions and suggestions.

Hi David,

Great stuff. To give it a bit more exposure, shall we set you up with
a Tor blog account and you can post this there too? Mail me a preferred
username and I'll get that started.

And like everybody else here, please put my vote in for switching to
another nat-punching protocol that is more open. Plus a websocket or
javascript variant if that is starting to look feasible -- I feel pretty
dumb telling everybody how dangerous flash is, but then also telling
them about this cool flash bridge idea. :)

--Roger