Re: [tor-dev] Understanding bwauth data in Stem?

Thanks all for the responses!

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Sebastian Hahn <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

On 21 Nov 2014, at 23:44, Damian Johnson <atagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In other words, if I sorted the descriptors by "measured" value, what would
>> that order mean?
>
> I *think* that would be the ordering of 'relays who receive the most tor
> client traffic due to having a more highly weighted heuristic for relay
> selection'.

that would be accurate, is my understanding

Is there documentation of why this "heuristic for relay selection" does not correlate that well with "bandwidth" in the descriptor? I've attached a couple of scatter plots pulled from moria1's "measured" and "bandwidth" values for each descriptor a couple hours ago (and the plots look similar from the other bwauths). One shows all values, the other shows the bottom 75% of values (sorted by measurements), and neither shows as much of a correlation as I would expect. Are there factors other than bandwidth that contribute to this "heuristic for relay selection"?

Thanks,
Anna