Re: Re: Thoughts on https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/dev/SupportPolicy

> I'm pretty much with Lucky on this one. Sure, off in some poor

Another thing that never quite made sense is packaging,
especially under open systems... GNU/Linux, *BSD.
Porting the source tarball itself to the current release
branch and maybe a rev or two back I can understand.

But being beholden to building, packaging and releasing
binaries, and playing the distro of the year quirk game
has baffled me. That's the job of the distros, and most
apps exist in their package systems anyways. If they're
not current enough, the users should be using the same
brains they used to install, learn and operate their
open OS to untar, make, make install the conveniently
ported source tarball.

I do like the embedded/smartphone ideas and of choosing
one open OS to make a cd/memory stick. So long as they're
all current majors of course.

Tis all.