Re: [tor-dev] Anyone wanting to write some Weather-tight code?

On 1/14/14 1:24 PM, Abhiram Chintangal wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Karsten Loesing <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 1/13/14 7:29 PM, Nufuk wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I made changes to the overall-design and added the files as an
>>> attachement to the site. I would like to implement the "daily" script
>>> and make a DB design diagramm. I would attach the DB design to the page
>>> when I finished it.
>>>
>>> Could you please provide a quick brainstorm what the DB needs, so I
>>> won't forget anything.
>>
>> Hi Norbert, hi Abhiram,
>>
>> I'm trying to coordinate efforts a bit here:
>>
>> - Norbert, how about you start writing the daily script as a stand-alone
>> Python script that doesn't send out emails nor interact with a database
>> yet?  This first version of the script could simply print out which
>> relay operators should be offered a t-shirt.
>>
>> - Norbert, maybe we can re-use parts of the current Weather database.
>> Should we try to do that first before designing a new database?
>
> Norbert and Karsten, would a uml diagram of the existing models help?

Maybe?  If there's an easy way to generate one, want to do that?  (I put
this task on the wiki and optimistically assigned it to you.)

>> - Abhiram, it seems like you spent more time with the current Weather
>> code base than Norbert or I.  Would you want to find out how we'd
>> integrate Norbert's daily script and later the hourly script into
>> existing Weather and how these scripts would talk back to Weather to
>> send out emails and talk to the database?
>
> Sure, I am looking at some stem code right now, I will let you know once
> I get the hang of it.

Cool!  Assigned this task to you in the wiki, so that nobody else grabs
it for the moment.

(Also assigned the other task to Norbert for the same reason.)

> About user management I looked at a few django thirdparty apps like
> django-userena and all. Do you have anything in mind ?

Is django-userena or one the other apps available as Debian package?

Maybe we should, at least for now, use what's already implemented in
current Weather?

All the best,
Karsten