Re: [tor-dev] Estimating Traffic Correlation Attack ?

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:22:32 AM Salahuddin Pasha wrote:
> 2) Are you aware of any way to map IP addresses to ASNs and IXPs like
> client-side tools or open-access databases?
>
> We already did some research and came across the following sides,
> providing tools and data concerning our questions:
>
> 1. http://www.cs.umd.edu/~nspring/scriptroute.html
> 2. http://asn.cymru.com/
> 3. https://www.robtex.com/
> 4. whois + RIPE/APNIC/CMYRU/ARIN to identify address spaces of and to
> label ASs by iterating over the IPv4 address space, parsing the gathered
> information and skipping already labeled addresses if NetRange is
> provided.

Hi,

I took a look at Nmap's scripts (https://svn.nmap.org/nmap/scripts/) and there
are two solutions to mapping IP to ASN that the project uses:

* asn-query.nse - uses Team Cymru's database
* targets-asn.nse - translates ASN to IP using the whois of Shadowserver
Foundation

I know you already mentioned these databases, but I thought I'd let you know
about the sources Nmap uses. I'm not aware of any more related scripts there.
Please let me know whether this is any helpful.

Jacek Wielemborek