Re: [tor-dev] Review of Proposal 147: Eliminate the need for v2 directories in generating v3 directories

On 17/01/14 16:39, Karsten Loesing wrote:
On 1/16/14 10:03 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Karsten Loesing <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- I'm going to ask Alex to disable version 2 statuses on dizum using
DisableV2DirectoryInfo_ 1 to see what that does to the network.  We
should probably finish the 2048 bits RSA keys upgrade first before
changing yet another variable.

Soynds good.

Okay, will post here how that went.  Might take a week or maybe longer,
depending on how far the 2048 bits RSA keys upgrade is.

So, dizum is now running with this new setting for a week, and it looks like the Tor network survived quite well. Yay!

- If there's no convincing argument to implement opinion documents, we
close this proposal as rejected.

Please find my branch prop147reject which also mentions more explicitly that authorities scan the other votes for descriptors they don't know.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/karsten/torspec.git/shortlog/refs/heads/prop147reject

All the best,
Karsten