Re: [tor-dev] Proposal xxx: Filtering malicious rendezvous points at hidden service server side

Hi s7r,

Great proposal, I really like it - I think it targets the actual behaviour we want to
prevent in a less complex manner than the HS 3rd-hop alternatives being
discussed for prop247.

Some general questions:

* Do we want to make this behaviour (somewhat) symmetric, so that a client
which sees a hidden service choose the same introduction point(s) for
N periods will refuse to use that introduction point?

* This will break some Tor2Web installations, which deliberately choose
rendezvous points on the same server or network for latency reasons.
(Forcing Tor2Web installations to choose multiple RPs may be a worthwhile
security tradeoff.)