Re: [tor-dev] Prop-279 for Onion Alternative Name Representations (Re: Error-Correcting Onions with Bech32)

Yawning Angel <yawning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's worth keeping in mind that no one to my knowledge has implemented
> prop 279 in the tor code itself, though there is (IIRC) a python kludge
> that kind of allows development.

Said kludge is here, for completeness:

   https://github.com/meejah/torns

(It's definitely not a thing you should use "in production" or whatever,
but a nice toy if you want to play with a Prop279 implementation). I'm
happy to merge PRs to fix things etc but I'm not "actively developing"
it.

Also worth noting that Tor doesn't play nicely with multiple controllers
that try to do stream-attaching; the above thing does stream-attaching.

--
meejah