Re: couple of questions...

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 03:36:51PM -0400, Bruce Montrose wrote:
> 1) What must I do in CVS to roll back files I have modified but have not
> committed
>      (ie. revert back to original state before I modified them).

The way I do this is to rm the file and then cvs update. Cvs will say
"gosh, I guess I lost the file" and restore it.

> 2) I was attempting to setup a new directory called "tests" under the or/
> directory.
>      I wanted to put some programs in this directory that would perform
> testing on
>      isolated pieces of code. I tried various things with the Makefile.am
> files to get
>      autogen.sh to create a Makefile in this tests/ directory without luck.
> Could you
>      tell me what I need to do to get autogen.sh to do this for me?

I don't have much experience messing with the autoconf stuff, so we'll
have to figure this one out. Based on src/Makefile.am, it looks like if you
add

SUBDIRS =      tests
DIST_SUBDIRS = tests

to src/or/Makefile.am, then make a Makefile.am in src/or/tests/ similar
to the one in src/or/, you'll be on your way. Are you planning to have
a file in src/or/tests/ for each file in src/or/? I freely admit that
writing unit tests for the network-oriented functions looks like it's
going to be really hard, but hopefully we can start with the easier
functions and work our way up.

Remember, when you add a new directory to the repository, to 'cvs add
<directory>' before you put any files into it. Otherwise cvs can get
confused.

--Roger