Re: [tor-dev] Tor proposals implemented in Tor 0.2.3.x

On 6/18/12 11:24 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED IN 0.2.3.x
>
>    186  Multiple addresses for one OR or bridge
>
>      We've implemented this to the extent of letting a bridge have a
>      single IPv6 address.  Supporting this for regular relays will
>      need to wait for 0.2.4.x.  We're still deciding on whether it's
>      worthwhile to allow more than one IPv4 and one IPv6 address.
>
>      (Proposal by Nick Mathewson, revised based on extensive feeback
>      by Roger Dingledine and Linus Nordberg.)

This maybe very important in order to be able to "separate" the
local-address from the IP address published  / announced.

It maybe valuable, very valuable, if for a specific single node i would
be able to add-up even 100 IP:Port pair, then using "third party system"
to redirect inbound sockets to that 100 IP:Port to the main one.

I mean, an IP:Port can also not be listening on the specific node but
also represent a remote tcp-port-forwarder that is forwarding incoming
TCP socket to the node OR's port.

It would be very interesting if this kind of setup could be done.

-naif