Re: [tor-dev] Onionoo in Python

I agree, Twisted is not a web application framework. So the question is this: do we want/need a web application framework for Onionoo? It seems like it is such a straightforward service (process one of a very few different request types, send back a JSON response) that maybe any web application framework is overkill.

According to Sathya, Cyclone does have some functionality for converting dicts to JSON (of course, so does the json standard library module) and sets response headers properly automatically. So that also makes some of the coding easier and possibly more maintainable. The latter is definitely not to be sneezed at; I just don't have enough experience with either Twisted or Cyclone to know whether it makes up for the additional dependency.

	- Norman