Re: [tor-dev] Torspec proposal for adding new X- fields to relay descriptor

Hi griffin! ÂCome join me at the Mozilla room and liberate this key from my grasp!

In response to your concern, I modify the proposal that there be a torrc schema which forbidsÂunknown keys (unless they start with X-). ÂAnd the Tor programÂrejects the relay if the torrc doesn't match the schema.

Secondarily, it makes sense to additionally verify that the generatedÂrelay descriptor also matches the schema.

If either of these checks fail, then give the user an error to change their torrc file.

-V