Re: [tor-dev] Email Bridge Distributor Interactive Commands

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:19:40 +0000
isis <isis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Personally I think when we deploy the next round of transports
> > (meek, and either ScrambleSuit or obfs4) would be the right time to
> > revisit this, and I can't think of a good reason to keep obfs2
> > around beyond "there are bridges that only support obfs2" which is
> > a fairly terrible reason keep distributing the protocol to new
> > users.
>
> Scramblesuit is "deployed", if you ask me... We've got roughly 2221
> scramblesuit supporting bridges.

Kind of.  TBB/Orbot and the FirefoxOS code all need to move to 0.2.5.x
for those bridges to actually be useful which I belive is Real Soon
Now.  Just having bridges that only people that build stuff on their
own can connect to is a bit silly.

> > My other objection to the idea a while back was that Orbot only
> > supported obfs2, but that's been fixed for a while now.
>
> So... I'm going to wait for an update from the Huggable Transport
> folks, telling me to phase out obfsXYZ, whenever that happens. Until
> then, obfs3 is still the default transport distributed.
>
> Does this sound okay to everyone? Otherwise you're shoving me back
> into the hell where I get yelled at if I don't make a unilateral
> decision, and also get yelled at if I do make a decision. It's kind
> of annoying to get yelled at all the time. :(

That's fine by me.  I belive obfs3 should be ok for a while, and there
are easier ways to identify bridges via active probing than doing on
obfs3 handshake anyway (Fixing such things is also on my TODO list).

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel