Re: [tor-dev] A series of questions about Tor (m1 support, forward secrecy, v3 auth)

We just got a report from a user that the tor binary for Mac was using much more CPU on Apple Silicon / M1 than it used on Intel. Has anyone scene anything like this? Is there an arm64 build of tor binary for Mac, existing or in the works?

Can you provide more detail about where this tor binary came from? Was
it compiled from source or did it come from Tor Browser?

It came from Tor Browser. So it was definitely an intel build. Is compiling for M1/arm64 as simple as compiling Tor on M1?

(Related: do Tor developers have a few M1 Macs to test on? We could probably donate one if not!)

We do not, but we'd be happy to discuss this with you!

Sure thing! I’ll email you directly.

Holmes