Re: [tor-dev] Proposal 341: A better algorithm for out-of-sockets eviction

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 03:05:16PM -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Filename: 341-better-oos.md
> Title: A better algorithm for out-of-sockets eviction
> Author: Nick Mathewson
> Created: 25 July 2022

Looks good to me!

You included the one thought that I had while reading through it:

> To do this, we first close OR connections with zero circuits.  Then we
> close all OR connections but the most recent 2 from each "similar
> address".  Then we close OR connections at random from among those _not_
> to a recognized relay in the latest directory.  Finally, we close OR
> connections at random.

i.e. we should prefer to keep connections to existing relays over other
ORconns.

I also fixed a few easy typos in it (and some nearby proposals):
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-commits/2022-July/236493.html

Thanks!
--Roger