[tor-dev] Tor community papers at Usenix Security

Here are seven papers that I think our community will find interesting
from the upcoming Usenix Security conference, August 14-16.

Many of them are written by our very own university relay operators,
too. :)

--Roger

"Snowflake, a censorship circumvention system using temporary WebRTC proxies"
Cecylia Bocovich, Tor Project; Arlo Breault, Wikimedia Foundation;
David Fifield and Serene, unaffiliated; Xiaokang Wang, Tor Project
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/bocovich

"Stop, Don't Click Here Anymore: Boosting Website Fingerprinting By
Considering Sets of Subpages"
Asya Mitseva and Andriy Panchenko, Brandenburg University of Technology
(BTU Cottbus, Germany)
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/mitseva

"Does Online Anonymous Market Vendor Reputation Matter?"
Alejandro Cuevas and Nicolas Christin, Carnegie Mellon University
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/cuevas

"Fingerprinting Obfuscated Proxy Traffic with Encapsulated TLS Handshakes"
Diwen Xue, University of Michigan; Michalis Kallitsis, Merit Network,
Inc.; Amir Houmansadr, UMass Amherst; Roya Ensafi, University of Michigan
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/xue-fingerprinting

""I just hated it and I want my money back": Data-driven Understanding
of Mobile VPN Service Switching Preferences in The Wild"
Rohit Raj, Mridul Newar, and Mainack Mondal, Indian Institute of
Technology, Kharagpur
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/raj

"Security and Privacy Software Creators' Perspectives on Unintended
Consequences"
Harshini Sri Ramulu, Paderborn University & The George Washington
University; Helen Schmitt, Paderborn University; Dominik Wermke, North
Carolina State University; Yasemin Acar, Paderborn University & The
George Washington University
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/ramulu

"GFWeb: Measuring the Great Firewall's Web Censorship at Scale"
Nguyen Phong Hoang, University of British Columbia and University
of Chicago; Jakub Dalek and Masashi Crete-Nishihata, Citizen Lab -
University of Toronto; Nicolas Christin, Carnegie Mellon University;
Vinod Yegneswaran, SRI International; Michalis Polychronakis, Stony
Brook University; Nick Feamster, University of Chicago
https://www.usenix.org/conference/usenixsecurity24/presentation/hoang