Re: [tor-dev] Tor and BGP integration

Hello,

This seems to me like a really neat idea!

Reading from real time BGP feeds is not a simple task and I think it
might be a bit of an overhead for the average Tor user.

On the other hand it could be a good idea to have some nodes run tools
to generate exit policies or at least provide BGP routing information in
a easy to consume format for the tor clients to use.

I have been doing some experimenting on getting and analysing BGP
information and these are the resources that I have found useful:

- http://archive.routeviews.org/ - For getting raw MRT format BGP feeds
and also the output of `bgp show ip`

- http://www-01.pch.net/resources/data/routing-tables/archive/2011/ -
Routing information from other "probes"

- https://github.com/hellais/PyRT - A quick patch I made to make PyRT
work on python > 2.3 (useful for parsing MRT format files), original:
https://research.sprintlabs.com/pyrt/

IXPs:

- http://www.pch.net/resources/data/routing-tables/looking-glass/

- https://www.peeringdb.com/private/index.php - Very complete database
on peers and ASN information. They also provide a very nice API for
interacting with their database.

I have been working on some python code for adding BGP support to
blockfinder. It basically just parses the results of the `bgp show ip`
command outputs obtainable from route views and stores the routing paths
inside a database.
It needs to be cleaned up a bit, but if you are interested in using it I
can hack on it some more.

Let me know of the progress you make :)

- Arturo `hellais`