Re: [tor-dev] The Torouter and the DreamPlug

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Runa A. Sandvik <runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM,  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 01:56:25PM +0100, runa.sandvik@xxxxxxxxx wrote 2.9K bytes in 75 lines about:
>> : The whole point with the Torouter is to allow more people to run a
>> : bridge or a relay, so I see a web interface as something mandatory. So
>> : yeah, we'd have to make sure that the interface is secure.
>>
>> Right, so we have two torouters, an expert model which is the dreamplug,
>> and a non-expert model which is the excito.
>>
>> Experts use ssh and follow some instructions for configuring their
>> device.  Plus, they get some cheap hardware to do whatever else they
>> want to do with it.
>
> Do you think we should ship the plugs as they are, or should we
> re-flash and harden first?

After a short discussion with Andrew on IRC, we agreed on the
following plan; re-flash with debian, harden/lock down, install tor,
test and ship.

 We should automate this into a single script that will do this with any DreamPlug. Have you currently converted any of the DreamPlug devices to Debian? If so, what's the process and where is it documented? If not, how shall we proceed with it? I'll have my DreamPlug next week and I'm happy to experiment.

All the best,
Jake