Re: [tor-dev] Memorable onion addresses (was Discussion on the crypto migration plan of the identity keys of Hidden Services)

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 12:48:42PM +0000, Matthew Finkel wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:11:37AM -0400, Griffin Boyce wrote:
> > Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unless, are you talking about running I2P and Tor on the same
> computer/network and being able use the same naming scheme to connect to
> both eepSites and Hidden Services? If so, a petname system is perfect
> for this because it is completely user defined. See Waterken's Petname
> Tool[0] for an example of such an addon. If a modified version of this
> add-on (or something similar) is included in TBB/"secure-browser" and
> not only remembers the websites you trust but also allows you to use your
> petname in-place-of the real name, then this would be a possibly-useful system.
>

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > ~Griffin
> > --
> > Technical Program Associate, Open Technology Institute
> > #Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
>
> - Matt

Sorry, forgot the link :(

[0] http://www.waterken.com/user/PetnameTool/
[1] http://www.skyhunter.com/marcs/petnames/IntroPetNames.html
    Also a good site for learning about petnames