[tor-dev] Pluggable transport bundles with websocket transport

I have made new experimental pluggable transports bundles with support
for the websocket transport. We hope this transport looks enough like
HTTP to get past certain firewall filters.

https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/2.4.12-alpha-2-websocket1/

If the transport name websocket sounds familiar, that's because it's the
same transport used by flash proxy. The difference here is that you
connect directly to the bridge, rather than going through a browser
proxy. The actual software is the websocket-client program from here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/flashproxy.git/tree/HEAD:/websocket-transport

Due to a build SNAFU, the OS X packages have the flashproxy transport
disabled, with only obfs2, obfs3, and direct websocket enabled. The
other platforms have all transports enabled.

We would like to have some more fast websocket relays to include in the
default torrc in a future release. If you can do this, see the section
"How to run a relay" from
https://gitweb.torproject.org/flashproxy.git/blob/93be0302:/README#l100
Send the IP address and port of your relay to
tor-assistants@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Fifield