[tor-dev] remotor - control console that can also notify into a chatroom

Hi there. Here's a fine new little console-based perl script
that lets you control your Tor, monitor circuits as they
happen, issue commands like changing your identity etc, and
forward critical events to a chatroom using the PSYC protocol.

I found vidalia too heavy and arm too confusing and didn't
see a simple tool that would leverage the Tor control protocol
without excessive nuisances, just a bit of noise reduction and
text coloring. Also I like notifications to show in my chat
client.

The notification feature works with a psyced running on the
same host. I just committed a "remotor" chatroom which is
preset to receive messages from the tool, all you need to do
is install psyced and use your IRC client to join #remotor.

You can git remotor and the rest of the perlpsyc library from

    torify git clone git://cheettyiapsyciew.onion/perlpsyc
	or git clone git://git.psyced.org/git/perlpsyc

If you're a lucky owner of a Gentoo system, you can emerge
both Net-PSYC and psyced from http://youbroketheinternet.org 's
overlay. remotor should work pretty much out of the box.

For a quick little glimpse into the perl script, click
	http://perl.psyc.eu/navigate/bin/remotor

If anyone is interested, I can easily add the ability to control
the Tor node from the chatroom.

http://perl.psyc.eu tells you of the other tools included such
as git2psyc for commit notifications in your developer chatroom,
syslog2psyc, psycfilemonitor, psycmail, psycmp3... you get the
idea. There's also a tarball for download, no wait, it's a zip.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/