Re: [tor-dev] HOWTO use Lantern as a pluggable transport

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 10:27:05PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
> Lantern is an HTTP proxy. As luck would have it, I have lately been
> working on a transport that encodes data in HTTP requests
> (https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2014-January/006159.html).
> meek was designed for a completely different purpose--tunneling traffic
> through App Engine--but it turned out to be almost perfect for the
> Lantern case, too. The only thing it was missing was support for an
> upstream HTTP proxy. We used the attached patch to add proxy support and
> hardcode Lantern's proxy port of 8787.

I made some commits that make it possible to control the proxy through
the command line or with SOCKS args. So for example,
	Bridge meek 0.0.2.0:1
	ClientTransportPlugin meek exec ./meek-client --url=http://tor1.bamsoftware.com:7002/ --http-proxy=http://127.0.0.1:8787/
or if you have a newer tor supporting SOCKS args, you can use
	Bridge meek 0.0.2.0:1 url=http://tor1.bamsoftware.com:7002/ http-proxy=http://127.0.0.1:8787/
	ClientTransportPlugin meek exec ./meek-client

David Fifield