[tor-dev] GSoC - Search Engine for Hidden services

Hi All,

Ahmia.fi interested in participating in GSoC.

Ahmia.fi's back-end is designed by Kordex (Mikko Kortelainen) and I (Juha Nurmi) have built the front-end.

In practise, I will apply as a student. Also, kordex might apply.

Ahmia.fi is a HS search engine that needs improvements. At the moment, we are using YaCy in the back-end and have developed Django based front-end (Python).

Kordex is a Customer Service Architect, CEO of the Fail-Safe IT solutions and software designer. I am a research, postgraduate student and university lecturer. I have a long work experience with web services.

At the moment, ahmia.fi has integration to Tor2web and Globaleaks. We have hidden service online cheker, RESTful API for the resources, tested idea how hidden services could publish their information (https://ahmia.fi/documentation/descriptionProposal/) and a lot of good ideas. Unfortunately, we do not have any funding.

We would like to release the source code of ahmia.fi and develop our search engine in GSoC.

Greetings
Juha Nurmi