Re: [tor-dev] [tor-commits] [flashproxy/master] remove failed connections from proxy_pairs as well

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 06:12:19PM +0000, Ximin Luo wrote:
> I get a different behaviour from you. I was using node-flashproxy with
> flashproxy.js from tag 1.6. Unlike in your logs above, I would get
> something like this, paraphrased:
>
> Client: connecting
> Client: connecting
> # after 3 minutes, the TCP timeout
> Client: error
> # no "Client: closed" and no "Complete"
>
> Then, the proxy_pairs stay in the list, and I can see subsequent
> "conecting to" lines grow longer and longer until they hit a length of
> 10.
>
> I think it is caused by the websocket implementation setting
> ws.readyState to WebSocket.CLOSED in the case of a socket error. In
> this case, the in-code comment I added to 05b9c101 would apply,
> namely:

Oh, good. That explains it. And node-flashproxy is exactly where this
issue would matter most.

Your patch seems correct, so you don't have look into the WebSocket
implementations unless you want to.

David Fifield