Re: [tor-dev] Torbirdy

Hi,

> >> 3. And using extension hooks with explicit calls instead of checking user
> >> set configurations flags for removing timestamp data from header.
> This it's
> >> suggested will allow better handling of messages received/sent in the
> >> background by Thunderbird.
> > Yes, that's correct. Figuring out how to do this and doing it properly
> > is the only blocker
>
> Right, so start with fixing the preference setting system using
> extension hooks instead of preference flags.
> Then work with the new preference system on issues #6314, #6315.
> Finally, verify stability across different MUA's,MTA's for the updated
> patches, submit the patch request to #902573 & #902580 and work with
> Mozilla for patch request acceptance.

Right, that's pretty much about it!

> Does this process flow sound reasonable ?
> Should I give a more elaborate write-up on the it for you to proof-read
> or should I just give you the final project proposal for proof-reading ?

Submitting the final project proposal is a good idea so that other
mentors can also go through it (whether on Melange, or if you want to
make it public, that is up to you.)

> The only prior experience I have with extension development was on Gnome
> and it was minimal. But I've started reading up on extension development
> in Thunderbird and the Torbirdy code.
> Should be able to run by you a more detailed project proposal soon.

Which is OK, but do note as stated in the project description, this
project requires good (working?) knowledge of both C++ and JavaScript.
We can get into the specifics once you submit the proposal.

--
Sukhbir