Re: [tor-dev] bittorrent based pluggable transport

Hi Leeroy,

If I understand correctly, you are arguing that my assumption that bittorrent is unlikely to be blocked is faulty. I don't have a strong argument against this, other than that it would be a very drastic move since for that part of the world bittorrent is the main way to get access to media files. As we've seen they've blocked already major things such as facebook or google so it would not be surprising.

Can you please ellaborate on this question. "Under such circumstance wouldn't it be possible to have a common peer show up in multiple unique torrent swarms?"Â

I don't think i understand what you're getting to. In general for bittorrent, a peer can be part of many swarms yes.

Also, you're suggesting that the reality that traffic shaping exists is a good or bad thing? sorry, i'm not clear on this 1 either.