Re: [tor-dev] Questions regarding the future of families

FWIW, I use MyFamily for what I am assuming Brian uses it for as well,
multiple containers across various hosts.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Brian "redbeard" Harrington
<redbeard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For a few months I've been tracking this ticket:

> Regarding the state of family support.  I've been working on a project which
> could be used to expand the number of running relays and have been trying to
> find the best way to coordinate this so as to make it both obvious who the
> operator is (which can be done with contact info) as well as to help users
> avoid building circuits within these related nodes.
>
> In the vein of "playing nicely" with the network my concern is that when
> running large scale infrastructure one needs to minimize the number of
> moving pieces possible. Ideally this would allow me (in the best case
> scenario) to supply a static family identifier en masse minimizing the need
> for managed configurations.
>
> In the worst case scenario (that of an entity trying to launch a sybil
> attack) the administrator would not even attempt to populate this so as to
> try and appear as separate nodes in the network.
>
> Do folks have suggestions on the best way to "play nice" here?
>
> --redbeard

Jessie Frazelle
4096R / D4C4 DD60 0D66 F65A 8EFC  511E 18F3 685C 0022 BFF3
pgp.mit.edu