Re: [tor-dev] Is Arti expected to have better multi-CPU support than C-tor?

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 06:30:42AM -0500, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> That said, we have spent approximately zero time so far tuning this
> multithreading, and I'd be surprised if it scales perfectly the first
> time.

Somewhat related: Rust programs generally tend to have a better
performance than their C pedants if they really want to.  This is mainly
due to the fact, that crazy thread optimization can be done securly.

A prominent example is [fd](https://github.com/sharkdp/fd), which uses
multiple threads to traverse the file system, thereby being around 50%
faster than find(1).  Just the imagination of a parallel FS access in C
gives me nightmares. :^)

-- Emil