Re: Build Tor with MinGW

I'd be very interested to see libevent run under MinGW.  However, I
don't have a Windows development environment and rely solely on other
people for libevent's Windows support.

Niels.

On 5/31/06, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 05:52:35AM -0400, Mike Chiussi wrote:
> If you're like me and don't like the idea of using Visual Studio for
> building Tor, I've made some slight changes to the code so that it's
> possible for it to compile and run normally using MinGW.
>
> Download this and read the README for more info
>
> http://www.cdf.toronto.edu/~g4mike/tor-mingw.tar.bz2
>
> Please get in touch with me if there are any problems, or just to let
> me know that it works.

Hi Mike,

This is a great start. What I'd really like to see next on this thread
is a diff -u of what needs to change in Tor so that it will build with
MinGW but also still build with gcc and with Visual Studio. If you have
extra makefiles etc we can put them either in cvs/tor/contrib/ or in
cvs/tor/src/win32/ or wherever's appropriate.

Then we can commit that to the Tor mainline, and your "what to change in
Tor" section can get a lot smaller. Then we'll do the same for libevent,
and then we'll be in much better shape.

Thanks!
--Roger