Nickname list includes 'xyz' which isn't a known router

I keep getting the above [warn] messages when starting up a client session with fresh nicknames just selected from a controller interface.  There are usually between 1 and 5 of these messages, listing different nicknames.  This is on version 0.2.0.26-rc but has been on previous versions as well.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?  My best guess is that some nicknames are not (yet) in the local cached-* files but they are (should be?) good because I just found them using GETINFO desc/all-recent and GETINFO ns/all.

I just checked Nickname "Freaky" and found it is listed in cached-descriptors, but is not listed in cached-extrainfo.

. . . . .
Wesley