Re: [tor-dev] New paper by Goldberg, Stebila, and Ustaoglu with proposed circuit handshake

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 07:13:58AM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> The directory authorities should probably checks the B's anyway, just to
> be sane.  They should all have order exactly p_1, so check that
> EXP(B,8) is not O, and check that EXP(B,p_1) is O.

While we're talking about this, note that our paper says that the CA
(the directory authority here) should check that the node submitting B
actually does know b (the private key).  This could be as simple as the
standard Fiat-Shamir NIZKPK.

   - Ian